Happy Canadian Anniversary to me :)
- Please feel free to contact me at any time: email@example.com
Name: Dagmar Ferris
School: University of Waterloo, York University, University of Life Sciences
Hobbies: Movies, reading, hiking, travelling, knitting and other crafts, baking and cooking
Song: Reunion by Collective Soul, LesMiserables - the musical
Book:LesMiserables (in English), The Lord of the Ring, Harry Potter, The Power, The Wheel of Time series, Seven Eves, The Unbearable Lightness of Being,
Movie: The Shawshank Redemption, Men in Black I,
Food: Chocolate, pizza, pancakes with peanut butter ......
Quote: Niceness is not weakness.
- I was born in communist Czechoslovakia and I am old enough to remember the Cold War. I grew up in a small village of 300. After graduating from high school I moved to Prague, the capital city of the Czech Republic, to study at the University of Life Sciences (formerly University of Agriculture). During my studies I also spent a semester in Vienna, Austria, studying and working at BOKU (Agricultural University) and had a chance to be part of a very exciting project investigating the role of rhizosphere in bioremediation of contaminated soil. Upon receiving a master's degree in agricultural engineering specialized in plant nutrition and fertilization, I decided to spend a year in the USA as an au-pair. My search for an open-minded, and tolerant society lead me to the idea of immigrating to Canada. To this end I spent 3 years working as a nanny in Toronto. Once becoming a permanent resident of Canada, I decided to change my field and studied mathematics at York University. After earning an Honours Bachelor of Science degree with a major in mathematics for education I took a four-month break to live and work in Whitehorse, Yukon. Needless to say, I found love in and for the Yukon and decided to make Whitehorse my home after graduating from teachers college at York University.
- I am a Yukon Territory certified teacher qualified in intermediate and senior mathematics and general science. I also teach physics 11 &12 and chemistry 11 & 12 which I enjoy very much.
- I am excited to share with you that in spring 2020 I graduated from the University of Waterloo earning a master degree in mathematics for teachers.
- I find working with young people very rewarding and fun. Sharing my knowledge of and passion for mathematics and all the sciences with them is my dream occupation.
- I look forward to meeting you.